A Student Engagement Programme by Karvy Stock Broking
conducted for Finance specialization students by the leading firm in the equity broking services, KARVY STOCK BROKING LTD.
The workshop was attended by Semester 2 students. The Resource Person for the workshop shared their experiences in the domain of “Equity Research” and provided practical insights into topics like GDP growth rate, Inflation, IIP Index and their impact on the share prices in the “bullish” and “bearish”.
Mr. Afzaal Mohammed – Manager, Fundamental Research, and Mr. Nikunj Todi – Manager, Technical Research were the resource persons for the training programme
The topics deliberated upon during the workshop are:-
- Basics of Equity and classification of the companies based on “Market Capitalization”
- The modes of Trading like Intra-day Trading, Short-selling etc. and their characteristics. Also, a brief snapshot of how trading happens in a day was given.
- Impact of corporate actions like IPO, FPO, Bonus, Stock Split, Buy-back and Issue of shares, Rights issues, Offer for Sale on the financial statements of a firm.
- Basics of “Derivatives” and the feasibility of investing in them
- Characteristics of Futures, Options, Forwards and Swaps
- Application of concepts like fluctuations in Spot Prices, Stop Loss, Stocks in Ban etc. to make effective investment decisions.
- Analyzing Karvy’s daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports on stock analysis and research.
An interactive question-answer session was conducted and real-time examples and also alternatives for each of the problems that can occur in those real-time situations was answered
It was an amazing learning experience for the students to interact with the industry experts