Dr V.V.HARAGOPAL is Professor, Chairman Board of Studies, Department of Statistics,Former Dy.Director, Center for Quantitative Methods ,Former Director for Center for Quantitative Methods, Osmania University, Hyderabad.SIBM Hyderabad was privileged to host Dr Hargopal Rao for his sessions and interaction with the students on Research Methodologies and basics of data analysis, during 10th January to 12th January. The sessions started off with Dr Hargopal introducing himself and giving us a view of the vast fields of experience that he has acquired over past 3 decades. The students were very enthusiastic in asking him questions regarding types of data, analysis and how it can be related to current scenarios.
The topics covered were data understanding, analysis, correlation and uses, regression and uses, SPSS and applications. All these were augmented by lively discussions at frequent intervals on these topics.
The Research process: theoretical framework and hypothesis development
- Steps for Research Process
- Types of variable
- Examples with explanation
- Identify and define the Problem or Opportunity
- Define the Marketing Research Problem
- The Marketing Research Process
- Broad Classification of Marketing Research Designs
- Types of Data Sources
- Data Mining
- How to Design a Research Project
Data analysis and interpretation -Descriptive Statistics.
- Preparing data for analysis.
- Types of descriptive statistics
- Using the SPSS, How to analyze the Data and some Exercises with sample data.
Prof.Sunil.B, Faculty SIBM Hyderabad felicitating Dr. Hargopal Rao.
Dr. Hargopal Rao taking the session
Dr. Hargopal Rao addressing the students